Erosion on Volusia's beaches continue to be a concern today after a storm pounded waves into the county's fragile dunes early this week.
Beach renourishment efforts in Flagler County took a major hit from the same nor’easter that’s caused problems all along Florida’s east coast.
Volusia County coastal residents suffering from last year's hurricanes are facing an even bigger problem thanks to Monday's storm surge.
From a beach access 6 miles north of Sebastian Inlet, News 6 watched Brevard County's largest beach renourishment project in two decades being put into action.
A major project to fix part of Flagler Beach's dunes is being pushed back yet again.
Some homeowners in Volusia whose homes were destroyed along the coast hope a disaster declaration will help them rebuild faster.
Brevard County is already pursuing a new $8.5 million renourishment project after Hurricane Ian just six weeks ago, but now beach program manager Mike McGarry says that expense could double.
New aerial video shows how Hurricane Nicole took bites out of the Volusia County coast, chewing up sand dunes, seawalls and parts of homes.
Dozens of Volusia County beachfront buildings have been deemed unsafe and at risk for collapse because of Hurricane Nicole, according to county officials.
Waves crashed against the sand dunes at Ponce de Leon Landing in Melbourne Beach Wednesday night as Hurricane Nicole closed in on the Florida coast.
County officials said Hurricane Ian caused damage to most of Volusia’s beach access ramps and boardwalks after it swept through Central Florida over two weeks ago.
Flagler County engineer Faith Alkhatib said they’re at a critical point now to try and save the beaches.